Over fourteen (14) consecutive days participants should expect to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour each day completing Moodle 100 activities and preparing to build their Practice Course. Throughout this course there are tasks and assignments to introduce Moodle’s features, basic navigation, course layout and settings, add resources, enroll students, and prepare for course creation in Moodle 101.
During Moodle 100 you will explore Moodle primarily from the perspective of the learner or student while you develop basic Moodle skills, become familiar with the interface, and prepare to build your own course during the next class, Moodle 101 - Course Creation for the Enterprise. This way you will understand Moodle better from the learner's perspective which will inform your instructional design choices later during Moodle 101 when you will explore Moodle primarily from the instructional designer’s or instructor’s perspective.
Pre-requisites: Participants should have basic computer and Internet skills competency to succeed in this course. Before commencing Moodle 100, participants will complete several readiness activities to determine if they're ready to learn online.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- define basic Moodle vocabulary
- navigate a Moodle course using breadcrumbs
- edit profiles and add profile pictures/avatars
- post and reply to a Forum discussion
- create a Glossary entry
- plan and coordinate basic course settings
- integrate course Calendar features
- manage student registration and enrollment
- create and add resources (e.g. text pages, web pages, and labels)
- link to websites and upload files
- aggregate and co-locate digital (and other) Practice Course materials
- begin the planning process for a Practice Course to be developed during Moodle 101
- participate in a Moodle community of practice
Participants should have basic computer and Internet skills competency to succeed in this course. Before you commence Moodle 100, please complete this short survey to determine if you're ready to learn online.